The Get More Smarter Podcast is Colorado’s only progressive political podcast, hosted by two seasoned political veterans with decades of experience in local, state, and national politics. The Podcast is a production of ColoradoPols.com and ProgressNow Colorado.
The first episode of The Get More Smarter Podcast debuted on July 24, 2019. New episodes are published each week to a rapidly-growing audience of Colorado’s most influential elected officials, staffers, and political reporters.
Jason Bane is a former award-winning journalist who has spent the past decade working for progressive political and policy solutions, from labor unions (SEIU) to environmental organizations (Western Conservation Foundation, Western Resource Advocates). He is also the founder of Colorado’s oldest and most popular political website, ColoradoPols.com.
Ian Silverii is the Executive Director of ProgressNow Colorado, the state’s largest online progressive advocacy organization. Silverii is a veteran campaign strategist and former Executive Director of the House Majority Project in Colorado. He served as Chief of Staff to State House Speaker Dickie Lee Hullinghorst during the 70th General Assembly in Colorado.
Ethan Black is the producer of the Get More Smarter Podcast and Deputy Digital Director for ProgressNow Colorado.
- Governor Jared Polis
- Senator-Elect John Hickenlooper
- Congresswoman Diana DeGette (CO-1)
- Congressman Joe Neguse (CO-2)
- Congressman Jason Crow (CO-6)
- Congressman Ed Perlmutter (CO-7)
- Attorney General Phil Weiser
- State Senate President Leroy Garcia (SD-3)
- State House Speaker-Elect Alec Garnett (HD-2)
- State House Speaker KC Becker (HD-13)
- State House Majority Leader-Elect Daneya Esgar (HD-46)
- State Representative Chris Kennedy (HD-23)
- State Representative-Elect David Ortiz, (HD-38)
- Denver Mayor Michael Hancock
- District Attorney-Elect Alexis King, (1st Judicial District)
- Professor Seth Masket, Director of the Center on American Politics at the University of Denver
- Katie Farnan, lead organizer with Indivisible Front Range Resistance
- Laura Packard, health care activist and stage-four cancer survivor
- Andrew Bauman, Senior Vice President of Research at Global Strategy Group
- Jaki Lawrence, Strategic Communications Director for Cobalt Abortion Fund
- Ron Ruggiero, President of SEIU Local 105
- Nick Rosen, Director of Cardboard Cory – The Documentary
- Eli Stokols, White House reporter for The Los Angeles Times
- Madeleine Schmidt, reporter for the Colorado Times Recorder
- Other guys named Jason Bane from Richmond, VA and Vancouver, BC
Apple Podcasts Review
This show combines honest inside baseball, thoughtful political reporting and a light dose of humor. They shed light on the ins and outs of local and national issues and back their positions and prognostications with historical basis and fact. This is a must listen for anyone interested in local issues.
Great Colorado centric political podcast. The hosts are knowledgeable, funny and able to keep me engaged.