Americans are still struggling from the effects of the Pandemic which broke 5 million cases in the US alone over the weekend and claimed the lives of 162,000 Americans to say nothing of the economic effects made much worse by Senate Republican inaction, Trump signs executive orders that are probably illegal and definitely inadequate, and hey, no one is listening to Donald Trump anyway, our 2nd favorite US Senators tells Coloradans to Take a Hike! self-proclaimed pro-police demonstrators physically assault Black Lives Matter counter-protesters and film it all themselves, and everything is still generally terrible.
- A president ignored: Trump’s outlandish claims increasingly met with a collective shrug (The Washington Post, 8/9/20)
- Top GOP super PAC launching $21M Senate ad blitz this month (POLITICO, 8/5/20)
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s false push on preexisting conditions (AP News, 8/8/20)
- Trump keeps promising an overhaul of the nation’s health-care system that never arrives (The Washington Post, 8/2/20)
- “Back The Blue” Attacks Black Lives Matter In Fort Collins (Colorado Pols, 8/9/20)
- Aurora city councilwoman floats idea of requiring permits for protesters (9News, 8/4/20)
- Local Republican Usual Suspect Helping Kanye Make Ballot (Colorado Pols, 8/5/20)
- New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA in suit accusing gun rights group of wide-ranging fraud and self-dealing (The Washington Post, 8/6/20)
Hosts: Jason Bane | Ian Silverii
Producer: Ethan Black
Music: Breakmaster Cylinder
Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts and leave us a review if you Got More Smarter. Send all angry and non-angry rants to [email protected].