This week on the Get More Smarter Podcast, there’s an impeachment trial in the Senate — or is it OF the Senate (1:08), the New York Times tries to find Cory Gardner (13:33), we try to explain the greater meaning of the departure of a Denver Post conservative columnist (44:49), and we interview journalist Madeline Schmidt about her national reporting on Colorado’s unique abortion laws (22:10).
Read Madeleine’s article on Jezebel:
- The Desperate Trail to Safe-Haven Abortions in Colorado (Madeleine Schmidt, Jezebel, 1/6/20)
Follow Madeleine on Twitter: @ByMaddieSchmidt
Read Madeleine on the Colorado Times Recorder: https://coloradotimesrecorder.com/
- The White House doubles down on its dumbest impeachment defense (Paul Waldman, Washington Post, 1/20/20)
- Where Is Cory Gardner? (Elaina Plott, New York Times, 1/19/20)
- Steve Staeger Greets Cory Gardner at DIA (9News, Twitter, 1/16/20)
- Canceled: Jon Caldara (ColoradoPols, 1/20/20)
- Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren Are Democrats’ Best Choices for President (NYTimes Editorial Board, New York Times, 1/19/20)
- More pizza, fewer vegetables: Trump administration further undercuts Obama school-lunch rules (Laura Reiley, Washington Post, 1/17/20)
- ‘You’re a bunch of dopes and babies’: Inside Trump’s stunning tirade against generals (Carol D. Loennig and Philip Rucker, Washington Post, 1/17/20)
Finally, congratulations to Ian and Sen. Brittany Pettersen on the birth of their first child, Davis James Silverii.